On the 23rd November 2011 Microsoft announced the availability of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 Release Candidate via Microsoft Connect.
The release candidate (RC) includes new and updated features for FIM 2010 R2:
- Historical reporting using integration to the System Center Service Manager data warehouse.
- Web-based Self-Service Password Reset.
- Scale and performance improvements.
- Outlook 2010 support for the FIM add-ins and extensions.
- SharePoint 2010 support for the FIM Portal.
In particular, this release candidate introduces numerous functional improvements, including:
- New authentication gates for self-service password reset.
- Additional reports.
- Extensible Connectivity Management Agent 2 (ECMA 2).
- New management agents (now called connectors).
Here’s the URLs: