Yesterday (Wednesday 23rd November 2011), in addition to releasing the release candidate of FIM 2010 R2 Microsoft also released the Lotus Domino 8.x beta MA. Interestingly the term management agent or MA has been dropped in favour of Connector. The PG say this terminology better aligns with industry.
The beta is available from the FIM connect page here. The new functionality in the connector is:
- Support for additional object types: mail-in database, Resource (meeting rooms and on line meetings).
- Support for renames using the AdminP process.
- Dynamic schema discovery for custom attributes.
- Delta import for add and updates.
Existing functionality (from previous MA) is:
- Support for person and distribution lists
- Password management of the HTTP password