Today (Thursday 14th June, 2012) Microsoft announced the general availability of Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 R2. The product Released To Manufacturing (RTM) on June 1st –it’s been on MSDN and TechNet for two weeks now- but was announced today via the Microsoft Server & Cloud Blog:
There’s a bunch of new features –most of which you already know about from the RC. The official blog post focuses on the main ones:
- Improved Self- Service Password Reset (SSPR), i.e. Internet-based SSPR.
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC), i.e. the release (separate download) of the BHold aquisition.
- Reporting via System Center Service Manager and Data Warehouse.
- Vastly improved FIM MA performance.
- Vastly improved multi-valued attribute performance in the synchronization service, i.e. support for groups with members way beyond ~20,000 members.
- Much better troubleshooting and request verbosity/information.
And quite a bit more. Download the evaluation here or get the MSDN/TechNet bits from MSDN or TechNet.